This is a flavorful dessert or treat for any season!
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup sugar
A dash of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 ½ cups of scalded milk
Nutmeg (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, blend eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the scalded milk.
- Pour the mixture into 6 custard cups (6 oz each), and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place cups in a 9″ x 13″ x 2″ baking pan.
- Pour very hot water into the baking pan, to within ½ inch of tops of cups.
- Bake about 45 minutes, or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
- Remove cups from the pan/water, serving warm or chilled.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.