This recipe can be served as a main or side dish, paired with anything from potatoes to pasta or vegetables!
The ingredients can be halved if preferred, according to taste.
1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
½ cup of soft white breadcrumbs
½ cup of water
3 egg yolks
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 teaspoons of salt
½ teaspoon of dried oregano
3 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
2 lbs of lean ground beef
- Sauté the onion in part of the oil and butter, keeping the other part aside for later.
- Cover the top of the pan, checking periodically until the onion is soft.
- Empty the softened onion into a mixing bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, water, egg yolks, garlic, salt, oregano, and parsley, mixing well.
- Then, add in the ground beef, mixing that well into the other ingredients.
- Shape the ground beef into balls that are about 2 inches in diameter; stack them on a plate.
- Sauté the balls of ground beef in the remaining oil and butter, turning them to brown all sides.
- Transfer the thoroughly-cooked meat to a dish of your choice.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.