This is a deliciously filling start to a chilly morning, though it can be served throughout the year!
- Water can be substituted for milk, but the latter is used for creamier cereal.
- Although it can be eaten as-is, adding fruit or cinnamon on top can make for a more complete meal.
1 ¼ cups milk
¼ cup sugar (test for consistency)
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cream of wheat
- In a saucepan, heat milk and salt to boiling.
- Add cream of wheat slowly, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to maintain a low boil.
- Cook 2 1/2 minutes or until thickened, continuing to stir constantly throughout.
- Pour into a heat-safe bowl and allow to slightly cool.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.