Whether served plain, with butter, or with jam, popovers are the very definition of a versatile treat! This is adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe.
You can use a 6-cup muffin pan, however, it’s preferable to specifically use a 6-cup popover pan.
In this instance, it’s better to use a whisk instead of a mixer.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup of milk (doesn’t matter if it’s whole, 2%, or skim)
½ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 450 Degrees.
- Generously grease the pan cups with butter.
- Whisk eggs slightly, then gradually whisk in flour, milk, and salt until smooth (avoid over-whisking).
- Fill each cup about halfway.
- Bake 20 minutes, then decrease oven temperature to 350 Degrees to bake 20 minutes longer at that temperature.
- Immediately remove from the pan cups, can be served warm or cold according to preference.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.