This nutritious salad recipe can be served on its own, though it can also pair well as a starter to a beef or poultry main dish.
This recipe is adapted from “Rosanna Scott’s Spring Salad,” which appeared in the April 14, 2014 issue of People.
5 ounces of fresh baby spinach leaves
1 cup of fresh peas (blanched) or 1 cup of frozen petite peas (thawed)
½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
½ cup fresh basil leaves (torn)
½ cup fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons of scallion or sliced green spring onion
6 ounces of goat cheese
12 slices of Italian bread (toasted or grilled)
Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, mint, peas, parsley, onion, and basil.
- Toss the mixture with the lemon vinaigrette.
- Spread the goat cheese on the toasted or grilled slices of Italian bread.
- Place the bread in the oven for anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes so that the cheese becomes warmed.
- Once out of the oven, drizzle the crostini with a little pepper and olive oil.
- Put the salad in the middle of each plate, with two crostini for each salad.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.