If you’re looking for a hearty, scrumptious way to begin your day, this potato, cheese, and egg casserole recipe just might be the perfect choice!
- This recipe is adapted from one found HERE on Just a Pinch Recipes.
- The casserole dish should preferably be around 15.25 x 9.75 x 10.00 inches, and oven-safe.
6 to 8 medium-sized potatoes
8 large eggs
2 tablespoons of water
3 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
Butter or cooking spray for greasing the casserole dish
½ cup finely diced onion
Optional – 1 cup of cooked and drained bacon pieces (can be pork or turkey)
Salt and pepper according to taste
- The night before, cook the potatoes and put them in the refrigerator to cool.
- The next day, when it’s time to complete the recipe, peel, then grate the potatoes.
- Mix the water, salt, pepper, and eggs together.
- Spread the onion and the potatoes together evenly over the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Layer or mix in the bacon pieces.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture over the potatoes and onions.
- Spread the cheese as the top layer.
- Cover the casserole with foil, and bake for 30 minutes at 350 Degrees.
- Remove the foil, and bake the casserole for an additional 15 minutes, until it appears golden brown.
- Let the casserole set for 10 minutes after it’s taken out the oven, then cut and serve.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.