This rainbow pasta salad recipe might just be the perfect choice when you’re looking for a colorfully nutritious light meal or side dish.
This recipe is adapted from the one that appeared in Ellie Krieger’s “CookSmart” column in the September 7-9, 2012 issue of USA Weekend.
12 ounces (3/4 box) of bow tie pasta (whole grain is preferred)
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
¾ teaspoon of salt, though it can be more to taste
1 cup of cooked and cooled corn kernels
1 large shredded carrot
1 cup of quartered grape tomatoes
1 cup of cooked, cooled, and chopped broccoli
8 ounces of diced mozzarella cheese (part skim); it should make about 1 1/3 cups
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves that have been cut into ribbons
Freshly ground black pepper (to taste) is optional
- Cook the pasta according to its package directions.
- Let the pasta drain, then transfer it to a large bowl, allowing it to completely cool.
- Whisk together the salt, olive oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Add the carrot, broccoli, corn, tomatoes, basil, and the lemon-oil dressing to the pasta. Mix together.
- Season with salt, and the optional black pepper.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.