If you can’t decide between French toast and waffles for breakfast, you can have both via this delicious French toast waffle recipe!
This is adapted from a recipe by Jennifer Perillo that appeared in Parade magazine.
1 ½ cups of whole milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of regular sugar
12 slices of brioche or challah bread that are each 1 inch thick
Butter (used to grease the waffle iron)
Maple syrup or powdered sugar is optional
1. Preheat a waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the milk and the eggs until they’re blended well.
3. Whisk in the regular sugar and the vanilla.
4. Pour the completed mixture into a deep pie plate.
5. Dip the bread slices, one at a time, into the mixture, making sure each side is thoroughly covered.
6. Place the dipped slices on a plate for 2 minutes, so that the mixture can be fully absorbed.
7. Use the butter to grease the waffle iron.
8. Set the soaked bread slices (in batches) on top of the iron.
9. Close and cook according to the waffle iron’s manufacturer’s directions.
10. Optionally serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.