If you’re looking for a scrumptious twist on the traditional pancake, this lemon blueberry pancake recipe might just be the best choice!
This is adapted from a recipe by Ree Drummond, which appeared in the October 3, 2011 issue of People magazine.
1 ½ cups, plus 1 tablespoon, of cake flour
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 heaping tablespoon of baking powder
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 ½ cups of evaporated milk (more can be used, if needed)
1 lemon (both the juice and the zest)
1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1 heaping cup of blueberries
- Heat a skillet or a griddle over medium-low heat.
- Combine the baking powder, flour, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl (the completed dry mixture).
- In a separate bowl, combine the lemon zest, the evaporated milk, and the lemon juice; let it rest for 4 minutes.
- Add melted butter, egg, and vanilla to the zest/evaporated milk/juice (the completed wet mixture).
- Slowly combine the completed dry and wet mixtures. If the consistency seems too thick, add more evaporated milk.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Melt a dab of butter on the skillet or griddle, and drop batter onto it in ¼ cupfuls, cooking 1 to 2 minutes per side until both are golden.
- Serve with maple syrup (and/or butter, if preferred).
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.