If you’re looking for a deliciously rich soup that’s easy to make, this Greek lemon soup recipe is an excellent choice! Consider pairing it with a salad, or some warm pita bread.
This recipe is adapted from one found in Relish magazine.
6 cups of chicken broth
½ cup uncooked white rice
3 egg yolks
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
Chopped parsley (optional)
Coarsely ground black pepper (to taste)
- On a stovetop, bring the chicken broth to a simmer in a soup pot.
- Add the uncooked rice to the chicken broth, cover, and let that simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolks and the lemon juice together in a separate bowl.
- Add one ladle of the hot chicken broth and rice to the egg mixture and whisk that all together.
- Place that mixture into the pot with the rest of the chicken broth and rice, completing the soup.
- Stir in a little coarsely ground black pepper.
- Optionally garnish with the chopped parsley.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.