Pair this recipe for Greek-style roasted chicken breasts with salad, potatoes, or vegetables, and savor the Mediterranean flavor!
Note: This is adapted from a recipe that was found in The Salem News.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher or coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (skin included, 6 to 8 ounces each)
- Optional lemon wedges for serving
- Combine the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and oregano in a large bowl, durable zipper-top bag, or other preferred container. Make sure the ingredients are well-mixed.
- Add in the chicken breasts, making sure they are completely immersed.
- Seal or cover the chicken breasts and allow them to marinate in the refrigerator for at the least 12 hours, and at the most 2 days.
- After that time has successfully elapsed, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet (it must have rims) with aluminum foil.
- Spray the aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken from its marinade and place it on the baking sheet, skin side up.
- Put the chicken in the oven and allow it to roast for 25 minutes, or until it’s noticeably cooked completely.
- The chicken can now be served hot, warm, or cold, with the optional lemon wedges making an excellent garnish for added zest.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.