If you’re looking for a sweet, autumn-inspired way to start your day, then try this pumpkin and spice breakfast bowl recipe!
Note: this recipe is adapted from one that appeared as an insert in The Salem News.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 ½ cups of canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of reduced fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¾ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 small, thinly sliced apples
- ¼ cup of pecan halves or pieces (slivered almonds are an alternative)
- 4 teaspoons of maple syrup
- Place all of the base ingredients into a blender and blend for a minute or so until the consistency is smooth and creamy.
- Divide the blended mixture into four freezer-safe bowls or containers.
- Add the topping ingredients if decide to eat as-is.
- Alternatively, the blended mixture can be frozen for 30 minutes at a minimum, 1 month as a maximum, then it can be thawed to preference and the topping ingredients added just before serving.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.