If you’d like a cookie that’s wonderfully filling and pairs deliciously with milk, tea, or coffee, then make this kourabiethes recipe!
- 2 cups of sweet butter
- ¾ cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 jigger of cooking brandy or cognac
- 4 ½ cups of sifted flour
- Whole cloves
- Cream the butter until it’s a very light consistency.
- Gradually beat in the sugar.
- Beat in the egg yolk and the cooking brandy or cognac.
- Gradually blend in the flour to make a soft dough.
- With floured hands, shape the dough into 1 ½ inch balls, and center-stud each ball with 1 whole clove.
- Place on baking sheets and bake in a 350 Degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, and sift confectioners’ sugar over each piece of kourabiethes.
Important: be sure to remove the cloves prior to eating.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.