Want to make your own delicious loaf of beer bread in under an hour? Then you should give this homemade beer bread recipe a try!
Note: this recipe is adapted from one found in the March 4-6, 2011 issue of USA Weekend
- 3 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- 12 ounces of beer
- 1 beaten egg
- Adjust the oven rack to a lower-middle position.
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees.
- Mix the baking powder, salt, sugar, and flour in a large bowl.
- Add the beer, and everything else with a fork until it’s only just combined.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface, kneading quickly to form a ball.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and place an X on top with a knife.
- Brush the loaf with the beaten egg mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes/until golden brown.
- Transfer the bread to a wire rack and allow to cool.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.