Whether it’s for turnovers, pies, or other kinds of pastries, this dough recipe is a keeper!
- 2 cups of flour (King Arthur is preferable, although Gold Medal can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, of Crisco shortening
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of water
- Measure the flour and salt into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly cut in the Crisco shortening.
- Sprinkle in the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing until all the flour is moistened and the dough almost cleans the side of the bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons of water can be added if necessary).
- Gather the dough into a ball, and shape it into a flattened round on a lightly floured board.
- With a floured stockinet-covered rolling pin, roll the dough flat to the required consistency of the pastry being made.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.