This recipe for cream cheese and raspberry tarts might just be the perfect complement to a nice cup of tea or coffee!
Note: this is an adaptation of Catherine McCord’s recipe, as it was found in People magazine.
- ¼ cup of whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave syrup
- 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water or milk
- 1 cup of defrosted or fresh raspberries
- 1 package (14 oz) of a refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat an oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash ½ cup of the the raspberries, honey/agave syrup, and creams cheese together in a bowl.
- Unroll the refrigerated pie crust and, using the cookie cutter shape of your choice, cut out the shapes (it should come to about 20 pieces).
- Take 10 of those pieces and place the mashed mixture on top of each of those.
- Cover those pieces with the remaining 10 pieces of pie crust, leaving a ¼-inch border on each of them.
- Seal those borders by pressing down on them with a fork.
- Lightly place water on the borders.
- Use a toothpick to poke holes in each of the tarts.
- Place the tarts on a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment paper, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Strain the remaining ½ cup of raspberries so that their juice runs into a bowl, then mix in the powdered sugar and the milk until it’s all smooth, becoming icing.
- Once the tarts are sufficiently cooled, spread the icing on them, and serve.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links