This recipe for lemon bars makes for a sweet and tangy dessert option!
Note: This is an adaptation of Katie Couric’s recipe, which was featured in People’s May 14, 2012 issue.
- 6 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 cups of sugar
- The grated rind of one lemon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of room temperature butter that’s been cut into 8 pieces
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups plus 6 tablespoons of divided flour
- Make sure your oven is preheated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a baking pan that’s 13 x 9” with butter or cooking spray.
- Blend the salt, confectioners’ sugar, and two cups of the flour in a food processor.
- Add the butter, and pulse the mixture until it’s a crumbly consistency.
- Press the mixture into the pan and let it bake for 20 minutes.
- While the mixture is baking, beat the eggs, 6 tablespoons of flour, 2 cups of sugar, and the lemon juice until they’re all well-combined.
- Gradually stir in the lemon rind.
- With the previous mixture now out of the oven and a crust, pour this new mixture on top of that, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the lemon bars completely cool, then sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and cut them into the square sizes of your choice.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.