Versatile and delicious, this chicken Alfredo pasta shells casserole recipe could pair with a salad, as well as on its own for lunch or dinner!
Note: This is an adaptation of Julie Evink’s Eats and Treats recipe.
- 4 cups of large uncooked pasta shells
- 1 lb of chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1 jar (about 15 ounces) of garlic alfredo sauce
- 8 ounces (1 tub) of cream cheese spread
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- The oven should be preheated to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the pasta according to its respective package directions, minus the salt. Drain, and put it to the side.
- Spray a 9×13” pan with the non-stick cooking spray of your choice, and evenly spread ½ cup of the alfredo spread on the bottom of the pan.
- Cream together the remaining alfredo sauce, cream cheese spread, garlic powder, basil, and Parmesan in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese along with the pasta and the chicken, making sure it’s all well-combined.
- Layer this mixture over the alfredo sauce at the bottom of the pan from Step 3.
- Place the remaining mozzarella cheese on the top, then cover it with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then take the aluminum foil off and allow to bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.