While the standard corn on the cob makes for a great side dish, this tasty cheesy grilled corn recipe could be a meal in itself!
Note: this recipe is adapted from one by America’s Test Kitchen, as it was found in the July 10, 2019 issue of The Salem News.
- 6 ears of corn, with the husks and silk removed, but the stalks left intact.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Lime wedges
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- Adjust an oven rack so that it’s 5 inches from the oven’s broiler element, and heat the broiler.
- Use aluminum foil to line a rimmed baking sheet.
- Thoroughly brush the corn with the olive oil, then transfer the corn to the baking sheet.
- Broil the corn on one side for about 10 minutes until it’s well-browned.
- Turn the corn over and broil an additional 10 minutes until that other side is also well-browned.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, lime juice, feta, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt together in a bowl until they’ve been completely combined.
- Remove the broiled corn from the oven, and evenly brush the mayonnaise mixture on all sides of the corn.
- Put the corn back into the oven to continue broiling with regular rotation for about 2 minutes until the coating is browned.
- When the broiling is complete, season the corn with salt and pepper.
- Serve the corn with lime wedges and any remaining mayonnaise mixture for additional flavor according to preference.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.