Whether it’s a main meal or a side dish, this tomato and feta salad with yogurt dressing recipe is a tasty addition!
Note: this is a variation of a recipe that was found in the July 17, 2019 edition of The Salem News.
- 2 ½ lbs of ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into ½-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- ¼ cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 thinly sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon of fresh, minced oregano
- ¾ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Toss the tomatoes with ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Let the tomatoes drain for 15-20 minutes in a colander that has been placed over a bowl.
- Microwave the oil, cumin, and garlic in a bowl for about 30 seconds until there’s a noticeable fragrance. Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Transfer 1 tablespoon of the drained tomato liquid to a large bowl (the rest of the drained tomato liquid can be discarded).
- Whisk the yogurt, oregano, olive oil, lemon juice, and scallion into the drained tomato liquid until it’s all well-combined.
- Add in the feta and the tomatoes, gently tossing to make sure everything is thoroughly coated.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper according to preference before serving.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.