This chocolate-covered strawberry pie recipe is a must if you’re looking for a no-bake sweet treat that is sure to delight for dessert!
Note: adapted from a recipe found in the August, 2019 issue of Relish.
- 6 teaspoons of melted unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups of chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 lb. of frozen whole strawberries
- 1 can (which is 14 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- For the crust, mix the butter, chocolate wafer crumbs, and sugar together in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Press the mixture on the pan’s bottom and top sides, making sure there’s even coverage.
- Place the pan in the freezer, allowing the mixture to chill.
- For the filling, whip the heavy cream using an electric mixer until peaks form.
- Partially thaw the strawberries and puree them in a food processor.
- Use a large mixing bowl to beat together the cream cheese and the sweetened condensed milk (both should already be at room temperature).
- Add the strawberry puree into the large mixing bowl with the cream cheese and milk mixture,
- Gradually fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the completed filling into the chocolate pie crust, cover it with plastic wrap, and allow it to freeze for anywhere from 6 hours to 3 days.
- In preparation for eating, let the pie sit out for about 25 minutes so that it can reach room temperature.
- Use additional chocolate wafer crumbs and strawberries to garnish the pie just before serving.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.