Scrumptious sweetness is yours to sample in this grilled peaches with raspberry puree recipe!
Note: this recipe is adapted from one found in a Grill-A-Meal “Dinner on the Deck” supplement.
- ½ package (about 10 ounces) of frozen raspberries in light syrup, slightly thawed
- 1 ½ teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2 medium peaches that have been peeled, pitted, and halved
- 1 ½ tablespoons of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons of rum flavoring
- 1 ½ teaspoons of margarine
- Combine the raspberries and the lemon juice in a food processor or an electric blender. Top with the cover, and process until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency and becomes a puree.
- Strain, and discard the seeds before covering the puree and allowing it to chill.
- Cut 1 sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil (18×18 inches).
- Place the peach slices on the aluminum foil.
- Combine the brown sugar and the cinnamon, and evenly place the mixture into the center of each peach slice.
- Sprinkle the peach slices with the rum flavoring, and dot each slice with margarine.
- Fold the aluminum foil over the peaches, and loosely seal.
- Make sure the grill rack is positioned over medium coals. Place the peach bundle on the rack, and cook for 15 minutes (or until it’s determines that the peaches have been thoroughly heated).
- Once the peaches are ready to serve, spoon 2 tablespoons of raspberry puree over each slice.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.