Try this frites with tarragon and garlic recipe the next time you’re looking for an innovative appetizer!
Note: adapted from a recipe found in a Relish issue.
- 1 large unpeeled potato
- ½ teaspoon of minced fresh garlic
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of fresh, minced tarragon
- 1 teaspoon of fresh, minced parsley
- Make sure the oven is preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the potato into 3/8-inch slices.
- Take each slice and cut them into thirds or fourths lengthwise.
- Fill a large bowl with exceptionally hot water.
- Place the potato slices into the bowl and allow them to soak for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, rinse and dry the large bowl.
- Drain the potato slices and allow them to dry thoroughly on paper towel sheets.
- Put the potatoes, olive oil, and garlic into the bowl and toss them until they’re combined well.
- Place the seasoned potato slices on a large baking sheet in an even, single layer, and bake them for 20 minutes.
- Take the potato slices out of the oven and flip them over on the baking sheet. Continue to cook them for 10 more minutes, until they’re a deep golden color.
- Return to the large bowl to combine the salt, herbs, and sugar. Sprinkle this mixture over the potato slices, stir the slices a final time, and serve.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.