This chicken custard casserole recipe is a wonderful choice if you’re looking for deliciously filling comfort food to make for dinner!
Note: adapted from a recipe found in Betty Crocker’s Cookbook.
- 3 cups of soft bread crumbs (which is about 4 slices of bread)
- 3 cups of cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 regular, beaten eggs
- ¼ cup of chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- Make sure an oven is preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a preferred bowl.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased baking dish; the dimensions should be 11 ½ x 7 ½ x 1 ½ inches.
- Place the baking dish in a pan of hot water (it should be about 1 inch deep).
- Bake uncovered 60 to 75 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Cut into squares, and serve.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.