Enjoy the versatility of this ground beef and turkey bacon cheddar meatballs recipe by pairing it with pasta, or on its own in a sandwich!
Note: this is a variation of a recipe by Daniel Holzman and Michael Chernow, as it appeared in the November 7, 2011 issue of People.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium minced onion
- 8 ounces of raw diced turkey bacon
- 2 lbs. of ground beef
- 6 ounces of grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Prepare by preheating the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and brushing a 13×9” baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Sauté the onions and bacon, being sure to stir frequently for about 10 minutes until they’re golden brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the onions and the bacon from the pan to a small plate and let them cool.
- Put the onions, bacon, and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl, thoroughly combining them.
- Tightly roll this mixture into about 24 meatballs (about the size of golf balls).
- Place the meatballs in the baking dish and roast them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Once they’ve cooked well, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.