When paired with poultry or beef, this pumpkin risotto recipe makes an excellent side dish or main meal!
Note: adapted from a recipe by Chef Amy Barnes.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Make sure an oven is preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat 1 tablespoon on olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan that is oven safe.
- Add 1 cup of Arborio rice and allow to cook, stirring sometimes, for about 2 minutes until it takes on a lightly toasted appearance.
- Add the ginger, garlic, parsley, cinnamon, pumpkin puree, chicken broth, and salt; stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Put the sauce pan on a baking sheet and place it in the oven.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, until the risotto reaches a creamy consistency.
- Stir in ¼ cup of chicken broth and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese just before serving.
- Top with additional Parmesan cheese, as well as parsley.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.