If you need a breakfast that’s equal parts healthy and filling, this sweet potato casserole pancakes recipe should be at the top of your list!
Note: this is a variation of a recipe by Lauren Zembron, as it originally appeared in the November, 2019 edition of Relish.
Hint: use Betty Crocker’s Skinny Sweet Potato Casserole as the base for this recipe.
- 1 cup of sweet potato casserole (preferably from leftovers and without the topping)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of whole wheat pastry flour
- Vegetable oil or butter
- Cranberry sauce or maple syrup
- Combine the potato casserole and the eggs in a blender until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pulse the baking powder and the whole wheat pastry flour together until they’re just combined.
- Heat the vegetable oil or the butter in a nonstick pan. The heat should be medium-high. This should be repeated for each pancake.
- Pour batter into the pan and cook each pancake for about 1 to 2 minutes until surface bubbles are present and the bottom turns golden brown.
- Flip pancake over and cook until the other side is also golden brown, which should take about 1 minute.
- Top pancakes either singly or in a stack with cranberry sauce or maple syrup, in addition to, optionally, the topping from the original sweet potato casserole.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.