For a bit of chocolate indulgence as a snack or dessert, there’s nothing better than this hot fudge pudding recipe!
Note: this recipe is adapted from one found in Oxmoor House’s 1987 cookbook, Chocolate Fantasies.
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 1 ¾ cups of divided sugar
- ¼ cup of divided cocoa
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups of hot water
- Ice cream, additional hot fudge, or whipped cream is optional
- Combine the flour, ¾ cup of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of cocoa.
- Stir in the milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine the remaining cup of sugar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of cocoa, and the pinch of salt. Sprinkle this over the flour mixture.
- Pour water over the top, and allow to bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow to set for about two minutes after removing from the oven, then serve warm.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.