If you’re looking for a flavorful, healthy complement to a soup, or even a light standalone meal, give this veggie burger pita rolls recipe a try!
Note: this recipe is adapted from one found in the March, 2020 issue of Relish.
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup prepared tzatziki sauce or a ranch dressing with a yogurt base
- 4 veggie burgers
- 4 flatbread wraps
- 1 cup of chopped baby spinach
- 1 lemon that has been sliced into four wedges
- While an oven is preheating to 350 degrees, stir together the tomato, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce in a small bowl and then refrigerate.
- Cook the veggie burgers according to your chosen brand’s package directions, then chop the completed burgers into small pieces.
- Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet and warm them for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the spinach and the veggie burger pieces onto each flatbread, covering as much of the respective surfaces as possible.
- Drizzle the refrigerated sauce mixture evenly over each of the flatbreads, reserving some of the mixture.
- Roll the flatbreads as tightly as possible before slicing them into wheels.
- Serve the veggie burger pita rolls with the lemon wedges and the rest of the sauce mixture.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.