This sweet, refreshing raspberry ice cream recipe makes a fun dessert or snack for any season!
Note: the original version of this recipe appeared in the cookbook, America’s Best Recipes: A 1993 Hometown Collection.
- 4 packages (about 10 ounces each) of partially-thawed frozen raspberries in syrup
- 4 cups of half and half
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons of grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Combine every ingredient in a large bowl, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into a 5-quart freezer container, and allow it to freeze (this could take anywhere from a few hours to a day or so).
- Let the ice cream stand for about an hour before serving.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.