Hearty and wholesome, this waffle and turkey sausage casserole recipe will make breakfast your favorite meal of the day!
Note: this is a variation of a recipe that appeared in the March, 2020 issue of Relish.
- 8 toasted frozen waffles
- 1 lb. of cooked turkey sausage
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Use the butter to lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Chop 8 toasted frozen waffles into bit-size pieces and layer half of them on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Top the waffles with ½ lb. of cooked turkey sausage and ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Repeat with the other half of the frozen waffles, turkey sausage, and shredded cheddar cheese to create a second layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 8 eggs, 1 cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of dry mustard, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top layer of ingredients in the casserole dish.
- Cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the plastic wrap and loosely cover the casserole with aluminum foil.
- Bake the casserole for40 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top with 3 tablespoons of the shredded cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the eggs become completely set, then optionally serve with maple syrup.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.