This recipe for mocha-almond bars is equally good as an uplifting snack or as a comforting dessert!
Note: the original version of this recipe appeared in the cookbook, Family Living: Our Favorite Cookies.
- 1 cup of softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 package (about 6 ounces) of semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of sliced, toasted almonds
- Prepare by preheating an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and almond extract together in a large bowl until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Combine the flour, coffee granules, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture and stir them together until a dough forms.
- Stir in the almonds and the chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into an ungreased 10.5” x 15.5” jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the dough becomes lightly browned on top.
- Allow the now-cooked dough to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Create bars by cutting it into desired sizes while still warm, then allow to completely cool while still in the pan.
- Serve after cooling, or store the bars in an airtight container.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.