Try this frosted chocolate conecakes recipe the next time you’re looking for a whimsical treat that’ll bring happiness at any time of the year!
Note: the original version of this recipe appeared in the cookbook, KidsCooking: A Very Slightly Messy Manual.
Ingredients for the conecake:
- 10 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of water
Ingredients for the frosting:
- 1/3 cup of cream cheese
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- Be sure that an oven is preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix together the butter or margarine, water, and cocoa powder in a saucepan, stirring constantly.
- When the butter or margarine is melted completely, remove the saucepan from the heat and combine this mixture in the mixing bowl with the flour mixture, mixing until everything is thoroughly blended.
- Add in the eggs, buttermilk, and the vanilla, mixing the entire mixture for an additional minute or so.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream cones, filling each one to about an inch from the top.
- Put the ice cream cones into a muffin tin or a large baking pan and bake them for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, let your cream cheese sit out for about an hour, so that it softens.
- Mash the softened cream cheese together with the powdered sugar, adding in the vanilla a little at a time. The frosting is complete when it’s all mixed together evenly.
- Allow the baked conecakes to cool before spreading the frosting on top of each one (you can dust a little cocoa powder on top too, if you prefer) then serve.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.