If you’re looking for a crunchy complement to a favorite cup of tea or coffee, then give this cinnamon pastry sticks recipe a try!
Note: the original version of this recipe appeared in The Tess Mallos Fillo Pastry Cookbook.
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 6 sheets of fillo pastry
- Melted butter
- Confectioner’s sugar according to taste
- Mix the sugar with the cinnamon.
- Butter a sheet of fillo pastry and fold it in half across its length to result in a rectangle.
- Turn the folded side towards you.
- Brush the top with butter and evenly sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar on top also, leave ¾-ich of the top edge free of sugar.
- Roll the fillo pastry up from the folded side so that it becomes a firm roll.
- Cut the roll into 3 equal pieces and reshape the ends where the cuts were made, so as to preserve the roll shape.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for the remaining sheets of fillo pastry.
- Place the completed rolls close together, join side down, on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with butter, and sprinkle each of the rolls with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes until the rolls become crisp and golden brown.
- Allow the rolls to cool on a baking sheet, then sprinkle a bit of confectioner’s sugar on each roll prior to serving.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.