This peach bread recipe is a sweet addition to any time of the day, whether it’s for breakfast, a pick-me-up snack, or as a dessert paired with a favorite beverage.
Note: this recipe is adapted from one found in the cookbook, Good Home Cooking.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of mashed peaches
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- ½ cup of almonds, chopped and blanched
- Make sure an oven has been preheated beforehand at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 9×5” baking pan.
- Sift the flour with the sugars, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk the peaches with the almond extract, egg, and butter.
- Beat the flour mixture into the peach mixture, then fold in the almonds.
- Pour the overall mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, then allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn the loaf onto a wire rack, and allow it to cool completely before serving.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.