Try this barbecued cranberry chicken recipe the next time you’re looking for a tangy, terrific twist on traditional flavor!
Note: the original version of this recipe appeared in Oxmoor House’s The Barbecue Cookbook.
- 1 chicken-flavored bouillon cube
- ½ cup of boiling water
- 1 can (16ounces) of whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup of chili sauce
- The juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon of minced onion
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 2 chicken pieces, 3-3 ½ pounds each
- Salt and pepper according to preference
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in water and combine it with the whole berry cranberry sauce, chili sauce, lemon juice, minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard in the container of an electric blender.
- Cover the mixture, blend it until it’s a smooth sauce, then set it aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with the salt and pepper, then grill the pieces, skin side down, over hot coals for 30 minutes, turning ever 10 minutes.
- Baste the chicken with the sauce, then grill it for another 30 minutes, basting with the sauce every 10 minutes therein.
- Serve the chicken with any remaining sauce.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.