Lively colors and tastes blend together in this invigorating blackberry lemonade recipe!
Note: the original version of this recipe appeared in the August, 2020 edition of Relish magazine.
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1 to 2 drops of blue food coloring (optional)
- Bring 1 cup of sugar and 2 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Allow this water and sugar mixture to boil for 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in an additional 2 cups of water, 1 cup of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, then allow it all to cool slightly.
- Combine 1 cup of this new mixture with 1 cup of blackberries in a blender.
- Cover the blender, and process this until it’s thoroughly blended.
- Strain the seeds out of the mixture and discard them.
- Pour the blackberry mixture and the remaining lemon mixture into a pitcher, and stir them together well.
- Optionally add 1 to 2 drops of blue food coloring, and refrigerate until the blackberry lemonade becomes chilled before serving it with ice.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.