Add a bit of whimsy to your seasonal treats with this comforting and creative pumpkin pie pops recipe!
Note: the original version of this recipe appeared in the October, 2020 edition of Relish.
- ¾ cup of canned pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large, divided eggs
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 packages (about 14 ounces each) of refrigerated pie crust dough at room temperature
- A 3-inch cookie cutter in a pumpkin shape
- 24 wooden popsicle sticks
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Heat the pumpkin purée and the pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool in a bowl until it reaches room temperature.
- Whisk in 1 egg, the honey, and the salt, then chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Place the prepared dough on a floured surface and roll it out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut out 48 pumpkin shapes with the cookie cutter.
- Use a sharp knife to cut out jack–o‘-lantern faces from 24 of the shapes.
- Refrigerate all of the dough shapes for 30 minutes.
- Place a wooden stick in the middle of each plain pumpkin shape.
- Add, just above and around the wooden stick, 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin filling.
- Top this with a jack-o’-lantern face, and use a fork to seal the edges.
- Whisk the remaining 1 egg with milk and brush it onto the top of each pumpkin pie pop.
- Place the pumpkin pie pops on bake-safe parchment paper and bake them in an oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes until they become golden.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.