This chocolate cheesecake recipe will surely become a decadent dessert favorite!
Note: this recipe is adapted from one found in Meredith Corporation’s 1985 cookbook, Good Home Cooking.
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons plus ¾ cup of melted, lightly salted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 packages (that are 8 ounces each) of softened cream cheese
- 1 package (12 ounces) of chocolate pieces
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Blueberries (optional)
- An oven should be preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the crust, thoroughly mix together the graham cracker crumbs, 5 tablespoons of the butter, and 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Press the mixture to the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan, then chill it in the refrigerator.
- Beat the eggs with the remaining 1 cup of sugar, then add in the cream cheese and combine well.
- Microwave the chocolate pieces for several seconds on high until they become melted, then blend in the sour cream, the remaining ¾ cup of butter, and the vanilla extract.
- Beat the cream cheese mixture and the chocolate mixture together.
- Pour this overall mixture into the prepared crust, bake for 2 hours, then allow to cool on a wire rack for 3 hours before inverting, removing the pan sides, then serving with blueberries as a garnish.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.