Searching for a side dish that pairs equally well with either poultry or meat? This sweet potato quiche recipe might just become your go-to choice!
Note: this recipe is adapted from one that appeared in the November 19, 2020 edition of The Salem News.
- 2 cups of sweet potatoes that have been peeled and diced into small cubes
- ¾ cup of diced yellow onion
- 2 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper according to taste preference
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon of fresh, minced rosemary
- ½ tablespoon of fresh minced parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons of pepper
- 3 ounces of shredded gruyere cheese
- Pre-baked deep dish pie crust
- Make sure an oven has already been preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the sweet potatoes, diced yellow onion, olive oil, salt, and black pepper, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Roast the onions and sweet potatoes in an oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While these ingredients are roasting, shred the gruyere cheese and set it aside.
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, rosemary, fresh parsley, salt, and pepper together.
- Once the potatoes and onions have finished roasting, place them into the pre-baked pie shell.
- Layer the shredded gruyere on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Reduce the oven heat to 375 degrees and pour the egg mixture over the gruyere cheese and potatoes.
- Place the quiche on the center rack of the oven, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.