Delicious decadence is at its best in this exceptional chocolate-rum fudge pudding cake recipe!
Note: the original version of this recipe appeared in the cookbook, Hershey’s Chocolate Treasury.
- 1 cup of unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon of light or dark rum
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ¾ cup of packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup of boiling water
- ¼ cup of light or dark rum
Directions for the Rum Whipped Cream:
- Combine one cup heavy or whipping, 2 tablespoons of confectioners sugar, and 1 tablespoon of light or dark run in a small bowl.
- Beat the ingredients together until a consistency is reached in which stiff peaks form.
Directions for the Chocolate-Rum Fudge Pudding Cake:
- Combine the flour, ¾ cup of sugar, 3 tablespoons of cocoa, the baking powder, and the salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Sir in the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Spread the batter in a 2-quart micro-proof casserole or baking dish.
- Combine the brown sugar, ¼ cup of cocoa, the boiling water, and the rum in a small bowl. Pour this mixture over the batter in the casserole or baking dish, but do not mix them together, then cover it all with a sheet of wax paper.
- Microwave this batter on high for 7 to 9 minutes, rotating ¼ turn halfway through the cooking time, or until the cake rises to the surface and sauce forms on the bottom.
- Let the cake stand for 10 minutes prior to serving (warm or cold), then top it with the rum whipped cream. Ice cream can be substituted if preferred.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.