If you’re looking to chase a runny nose away and invigorate your taste buds at the same time, then give this spicy veggie soup recipe a try!
Note: this is adapted from a recipe originally found in the March, 2021 edition of Relish.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 medium carrot that has been sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 2 stalks of chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon of ground turmeric
- 2 to 5 cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon of ground giner
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 8 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 head of cauliflower that has been cored and cut into florets
- 2 diced zucchinis
- 4 cups of chopped kale
- 2 cups of drained and rinsed cannellini beans
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan with the heat set to medium.
- Cook the onion in the olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes until they become softened.
- Place the garlic cloves in the saucepan with the olive oil and the onion, and cook everything together for 1 additional minute.
- Add the carrot and the celery, and cook with the other ingredients for 3 minutes.
- Toss in the turmeric, ginger, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, and stir until the vegetables are thoroughly coated with the spices.
- Change the heat so that it’s medium-high, add in the vegetable broth, and bring the entire mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat so that it’s on a low setting, adding in the cauliflower and the zucchini.
- Cover the saucepan and allow the mixture to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, specifically until the cauliflower becomes quite tender.
- Stir in the kale and the cannellini beans, and cook all ingredients together for 1 to 2 minutes until the kale becomes slightly wilted.
- Pour the soup into bowls, half the cherry tomatoes and place (amount according to taste) on top for garnish, then serve.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.