This recipe for pumpkin cake is simple to make, and pairs beautifully with a favorite warm beverage.
Note: the original version of this recipe appeared in Betty Crocker’s Cookbook.
- 1 2/3 cups all -purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of canned or fresh pumpkin pie mix
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of ground allspice
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Be sure to preheat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a fork, mix the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, ground allspice, and salt together in an ungreased 8x8x2” baking pan.
- Slowly mix the pumpkin pie mix, water, vegetable oil, and vinegar into the preceding dry mixture.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm, optionally with powdered sugar.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.