This apple cider cake recipe is a delicious way to celebrate favorite seasonal harvests!
Note: this is an adaptation of a recipe found in Meredith Corporation’s 1985 cookbook, Good Home Cooking.
- 1 cup of sweet butter that has been softened
- ½ cup of shortening
- 3 cups of white sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of allspice
- ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Confectioners sugar
- Be sure that an oven has been preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch cake tube pan.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and the shortening until they become fluffy.
- Add the sugar into the mixture, and beat the ingredients together for 10 minutes on a medium speed.
- One by one, place the eggs into the mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and then the beat this dry mixture into what is now the batter.
- Beat the apple cider and the vanilla extract into the batter, then pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 75-80 minute, until a knife inserted into the center of the apple cider cake comes out clean.
- Allow the apple cider cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack.
- Dust the apple cider cake with confectioners sugar, then serve.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.