This mocha chip cookie recipe makes a delightfully delicious tea time complement, or snack paired with an ice cold beverage.
Note: this recipe is adapted from one found in the cookbook, America’s Best Recipes: A 1993 Hometown Collection
- ½ cup of shortening
- ½ cup of softened butter
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of sifted powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons of coffee granules (instant)
- 1 ½ teaspoons of water
- 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1 cup of milk chocolate morsels
- Additional granulated sugar
- Beat the shortening and the butter in a large mixing bowl at medium speed, until mixture becomes fluffy.
- Gradually add in the ½ cup of granulated sugar, the ½ cup of powdered sugar, then the egg, mixing the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in the 1 ½ teaspoons of room temperature water, then add them into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and cream of tartar, then add this dry mixture into the creamed mixture. All ingredients should be combined well.
- Stir in the milk chocolate morsels, then cover the cookie dough and chill it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Shape the chilled cookie dough into ½ inch balls, rolling each in the additional granulated sugar.
- Place the balls of sugared cookie dough onto lightly greased cookie sheets, then flatten each one with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the mocha chip cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool the mocha chip cookies on wire racks before serving.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.