This pizza casserole recipe is an easy and creative way to bring favorite flavors together for a delicious meal.
Note: the original version of this recipe appeared in the February 11, 2022 edition of The Salem News.
- One 16-ounce package of extra wide egg noodles
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 30 ounces/2 jars of pizza sauce
- 2-4 cups of mozzarella cheese according to preference
- 1 package of sliced mushrooms
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1 small chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar to cut down on pizza sauce acidity (optional)
- Make sure to have already preheated an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the egg noodles according to their package directions.
- Brown the ground beef in a pan while the egg noodles are cooking.
- Drain the grease from the cooked ground beef.
- Sauté the vegetables together in another pan.
- Add the pizza sauce to the cooked ground beef, then season the mixture with salt, pepper, and the optional sugar.
- Add in the sautéed vegetables, and allow the ingredients to warm together for about 5 minutes.
- Toss the noodles into the mixture.
- Spray a 9 x 13” casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the overall mixture into the casserole dish and top with enough mozzarella cheese to cover the casserole.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the casserole becomes bubbly, then allow to set for about 5 minutes before serving.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.