This recipe for chilled chocolate chip and banana squares expertly balances sweet flavors to create the perfect finish to lunch or dinner.
Note: this recipe is adapted from one found in the Meredith Corporation compilation cookbook, Good Home Cooking.
- 1 ¼ cups of chocolate chip cookie crumbs
- 1 cup of milk chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 4 separated eggs
- 4 cups of sliced bananas
- 1 cup of heavy whipped cream
- Grease an 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan with butter.
- Place half of the chocolate chip cookie crumbs in the bottom of the greased baking pan.
- Melt the milk chocolate pieces with water, sugar, and salt over hot water.
- Stir in the egg yolks, then allow the mixture to cool.
- Beat the egg whites until they become stiff. Fold 1 cup of the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture to soften, then fold in the remainder.
- Layer half of the bananas and the chocolate mixture over the chocolate chip cookie crumbs already in the pan, then repeat the layers and top with the remaining half of the chocolate chip cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours, then cut into squares and serve with the heavy whipped cream.
Please note that all Fabulous Freelancer posts might contain affiliate links.